Copyright Hangzhou ZH Tech Co.,LtdAll Rights Reserved. Powered by www.300.cn 浙ICP备19002797号-1
Thank you for your interest in ZH TECH,Our entire team appreciate it.
We are a professiaaaonal manufacturer and exporter of hearing protector in China in last 10 years and accept OEM.
No. 6 Shunle Road, Yuhang Jingshan, Hangzhou
Phone +86 15888861058
Tips To Protect Your Hearing When Shooting
When we use firearms, in addition to knowing the safe rules of use, we also need to understand the protective measures during use.
Everyone in the environment where guns are used needs to be hearing protected.
Firearms Are Loud
Exposure to noise greater than 140 dB can permanently damage hearing. Almost all firearms create noise that is over the 140-dB level. A small .22-caliber rifle can produce noise around 140 dB, while big-bore rifles and pistols can produce sound over 175 dB. Firing guns in a place where sounds can reverberate, or bounce off walls and other structures, can make noises louder and increase the risk of hearing loss. Also, adding muzzle brakes or other modifications can make the firearm louder. People who do not wear hearing protection while shooting can suffer a severe hearing loss with as little as one shot, if the conditions are right. Audiologists see this often, especially during hunting season when hunters and bystanders may be exposed to rapid fire from big-bore rifles, shotguns, or pistols.
The physical trauma from these immediate or consistent sounds is enough to bend and break vital hair cells in the ear that cannot be repaired.
ZH Tech remind everyone to do ear protection when you are using a gun!!!
Tips To Protect Your Hearing:
• Always use some type of hearing protection any time you fire a gun.
• Always have disposable hearing protective devices handy—make them part of your gear.
• Double-protect your ears, like putting muffs over plugs, when shooting big-bore firearms.
• Choose smaller caliber firearms for target practice and hunting.
• Choose single-shot firearms instead of lever action, pump, or semi-automatic guns.
• Avoid shooting in groups or in reverberant environments.
• Use electronic or nonlinear hearing protective devices for hunting.